Website Devirusing Services
Devirus website in 48 hours
Professional website security and devirus services
Website Devirusing Services
Viruses are becoming more difficult to detect and more intelligent. Cyber attacks are in full expansion. Secure your website now, or call for website devirus services as soon as possible!
Installing an SSL certificate is a standard in terms of protection and security. It has the role of securing the exchange of information between the client and the site.
Removal of Viruses
Keep your reputation intact by eliminating viruses of any kind. Our software will prevent and block most known attacks for a successful website devirus.
We offer you access access access access to statistics and alerts: about attack attempts, user logs, vulnerable or non-updated system components.
In order to have a detection rate as high as possible, and to prevent an incomplete scan or false detection alerts, we carefully analyze all the files in the site devirus process.
Installing a specialized firewall will detect attacks and block them before they happen. You will thus save the site's loading speed.
Website Devirusing and Security
When you commit to a website, it must also be maintained optimized. It's like a car. The oil still needs to be changed, cleaned on the inside, washed from time to time. Likewise, a website, from the moment it appears on the Internet, is subject to risks and benefits. The website constantly needs system and security updates. It needs to be systematically optimized and updated with quality content, otherwise it can help to be disregarded by search engines.
We help you in the site de-virus process, which depending on the complexity can last from a few hours to a whole day. We will teach you how you can maintain your website's security high, to prevent and combat future cyber attacks.
Internet traffic generated by hackers
Sites hacked daily
Annual increase in DDoS attacks
Infected site devirus
The causes of virality
There are several causes of the virus, which we will list:
- The site has not been updated. When a website is not maintained, it does not receive the latest security patches and updates. The updates that your platform receives, or the installed plugins, are intended to solve certain shortcomings, and often serious security problems. Hackers will take advantage of the lack of interest you give to the site, and they will look for all the existing vulnerabilities. Any platform is vulnerable, whether we are talking about WordPress, Joomla, Prestashop, Magento and others. Our website devirusing services address any platform, as we have a large database of virus signatures.
- Nulled themes and plug-ins. One of the most common reasons why websites end up being "broken" is represented by the installation of "free" packages. These cracked packages come bundled with numerous viruses, some of them very advanced. These viruses can inject ads, use the server's resources, mine virtual coins, in the end they are some parasites that affect the reputation of your business. It is essential to act quickly in the process of devirusing the site, because it can become difficult to recover your previously held position in the top of Google searches.
- You don't have antivirus on your computer. Viruses present on your personal computer can block your access to the Internet, or they can spread with its help. These viruses can send infected files with the help of the personal email client, or they can multiply on the website / blog, once you upload an infected file. It is essential that after devirusing the website, you also scan your own computer for viruses. All programs should also be updated to the latest available versions, as they may contain security updates.
- Poor hosting security. Many cheap hosting companies, with people who only know something about hosting and started offering these services. Profit is more important to them than being up to date with the latest security regulations. We advise you to stay away from such hosting "offers", which are not capable of providing you with sufficient support or security assurances. Choose the hosting company carefully, because your files will be stored there!
The website de-virus and security services are addressed to the owners of websites, who unfortunately did not follow the above recommendations.
securing the website
"Better safe than sorry". To prevent these situations, it is better to buy those themes or plug-ins that you want. Always make sure of the source of the files you download from the Internet. Nothing is free. We try to follow Google tips for de-virusing the site and its rapid re-indexing.
To eliminate viruses, we will proceed as follows:
- Checking for any new files. Many times, viruses create codes that help the spreading and infection process. These usually appear in .public_html, .plugins or .themes. These new lines of code modify the site's functionality to fit the needs of the virus. It is often possible for this reason to corrupt the proper functioning of the site.
- Deep scanning. The third step appears after the first two have failed. The virus can multiply without being aware of this, on subdomains, or if the server is not well configured, on all other hosted sites. It can get to the point where the most efficient solution is to completely reinstall the site, the CMS platform, the theme and the plug-ins. All plug-ins will be gradually deleted until we find the "culprit". Sometimes it happens that access to the administration panel is blocked, requiring the installation of a basic theme, which comes as a package when you install WordPress, for example. Thus, the site devirus process can become a complex one that requires increased attention.
- Installation of an antimalware and firewall module. In the case of WordPress, we recommend Wordfence or Security juices. Both are very good solutions, they have a very wide base of virus seeders, and they offer advanced protection against external attacks. In addition to the scanning functions, they also include the firewall function, which detects attacks such as XSS, Brute force, DDoS, etc., blocking them before they cause damage.
- Enable HTTPS protocol. Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) represents the secure version of the HTTP protocol. Through the protocol HTTPS not only the personal data you entered on the accessed site are secured (encrypted), but also the activity you carry out on the site.
Our company has experience in the process of devirusing a website and securing it. Regardless of whether you have an online store or a simple presentation site, your online image will be affected by these viruses. How many more customers can you afford to lose?
How does a virus site affect you?
Regardless of the size of a business, any website is vulnerable and can become the target of cyber attacks. E-commerce sites, which sell products and services to the general public, must have very strict site security policies as they deal with customers' personal information.
A virus site means that is out of control of the administrator. It can: send spam emails, redirect users to other sites (pornographic or with ads), mine virtual coins on the server or on the visitor's computer, display advertisements and pop-ups, phishing attacks, and many others. If you can no longer log in to the administrative panel, the site is blocked, the images are no longer in the chosen position, it is difficult to load, you can assume that viruses made their appearance. De-virusing the website is the next urgent step, in order not to lose your business and customers.
The hosting provider can block you from its services to prevent high and unnecessary consumption of resources. At the same time, this is a measure to prevent the virus from spreading and infecting other clients, respectively the sites they host. Google will also send you a message informing you that it will no longer display the site in the crawler in the next 48 hours, if the problem is not fixed.
The business website will no longer be accessible because the web browser will display a message warning users that they may be infected. Your customers will have a good reason to choose the services of the competition. This disruption of web activity and lack of information security can cause your customers to be affected and infected. It will thus become more and more difficult to regain the trust of customers and search engines. Constanta web design agency Mensis will take care of de-virusing the site efficiently, and in as short a time as possible.
What does the presence of a virus in the database mean?
The presence of a virus in the database requires a code injected through a form, which allows uploading pictures or other infected files. All this can be caused by the lack of site administration or, most of the time, by the person who administers the website (involuntarily, through hidden fields). As in biology, viruses can be of many kinds: computer worms (worms), Trojan horses (Trojans), keyloggers (retain passwords and any other data you type), spyware (spy on data and export it to obscure servers), adware (dangerous advertisements for prohibited products that seriously affect your image in the eyes of Google), backdoors (infiltrates the system "through the back door", generally when the website or a plugin is not updated), exploits (exploits errors less well-known systems), rootkits (through installation packs/kits), but the most well-known is malware. Each type of virus affects the website in different ways, depending on the interests of the attacker: they can retain passwords, spy and export data (which contains confidential customer data), confuse the search engine (they can affect your online visibility), exploit your resources and demand ransom, but the worst, as in the case of the malware virus, can cause massive losses in databases (customers and transaction data). Other properties of an insecure website and computer viruses are:
- It can sabotage the session of a user or a computer (MITM – man in the middle of attack);
- Steals confidential data (such as information about credit cards or internet banking accounts);
- Compromises a user's login information on almost all websites;
- It can make fraudulent purchases on your behalf;
- It can launch DDoS attacks directly from your IP (attacks aimed at hindering the operation of certain government or banking institutions);
- Creates spam - sends hundreds of thousands of emails from the server's IP (the site is included in international spam lists, from where it can hardly be removed)
- It may try to raise the SEO rankings for certain sites: porn / betting / prohibited drugs, illegal products, etc.
To check if your site is infected with any type of malware, you can check here: https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/
If your website is infected, we come to your aid with the website devirus service.
Website security tips
Today, cyber attacks are on the rise. From ransomware attacks, to banking viruses or those that steal customer information, all of these can affect your online image. Let's see a completion of the list of tips for securing you and your customers.
- Site maintenance. If you don't have time, or you don't know how to properly and completely administer the site, you can always call on our services for website maintenance. A website left alone, without the required security updates, can become an easy target even for an amateur hacker.
- Uninstall/delete unused files. The old files that once helped the website to function properly, can leave "portites" deeply infiltrated into the system. Once a malicious hacker detects this gateway that has not been "closed" by the recommended security updates, the entire site can be compromised. All directories that are old or no longer in use should be deleted. (Site optimization it should be a monthly process) It is very possible that they are not protected and attackers could find vulnerabilities to access the site. The same is recommended for every program, plugin, or theme installed but not updated or used, including old PHP applications such as phpmyadmin, MediaWiki, Joomla, and Drupal. Calling on our website devirus services, we will also take care of deactivating unnecessary programs that present risks.
- Scan your computer for viruses. It may happen that you accidentally upload a virus to your business website. That is why it is good to have an effective antivirus solution, in order not to help the virus to spread on the Internet. In more advanced situations, in addition to de-virusing the site, we can take care of cleaning the personal computer of viruses through TeamViewer.
- Use strong passwords. When you use easy-to-guess passwords, a hacker can use a dictionary of such passwords and an automated program. Once he has gained access to the site's administration panel, or to the Cpanel interface, the site can be considered compromised, and it is often necessary to restore the entire web design of the site. The rule is to use passwords longer than or equal to 10 characters, which contain numbers, symbols and letters that cannot be easily guessed by other users or robots. You can use a password generator like LastPass times one password manager for the browser.
- Automatic backups. Back-ups can save you from some problems, if you detect the problem in time. Often the back-up on the server is kept for a week or two. This means that you must discover the problem in time, otherwise you risk losing all your information, depending on the severity of the computer virus.
- Security plugins. They can automatically detect and block possible attacks, such as Brute Force, DDoS, XSS. However, they cannot protect you if you knowingly install infected files. The antivirus can check the signature of the file, it can find that it is a virus, but in the end you are the owner of the site, and the decision to activate pirated themes and plugins belongs to you. Those antiviruses installed on the CMS can partially help you in the site devirusing process, because oftentimes, a malware brings much deeper changes to the system.
- 2-factor authentication. Go to Wordfence -> Tools, click on the Cellphone Sign-in tab and enable this option for all users with administrator rights. This feature will alert you via sms or email every time you log into Worpdress from a new device.
- W3C recommendations. The recommendations of the World Wide Web Consortium they set the standards for websites at an international level. If you follow these recommendations, your website will be better built and will also be much more accessible and secure for everyone.
Our website devirus services also include securing it to prevent future attacks. Contact us to determine what the priorities are!
What is a virus looking for on my website?
The primary purpose of a virus is to make a profit by exploiting the host by any means possible. It can demand ransom if it is ransomware, it can send spam emails with infected files, or it can steal customer information, including credit card data used for transactions on the site.
Abusive advertising and redirection to other sites bring profit to attackers, who hunt any website that is not updated and maintained.
Considering that the rate of cyber attacks is increasing, we recommend that you contact our website security and devirus services as soon as possible.
Site de-virus - Questions and Answers (FAQ)
What does devirusing the website mean?
Devirusing the websiteconsists in cleaning databases that contain malicious code (malware) or modern crypto miners. devirusing files infected with these codes involves the same process.
How can a virus affect my site?
- your reputation in front of customers may decrease
- will be penalized by Google, which will no longer index the site in search engines
- modern browsers (Chrome, Firefox) can also block access to the site
How are customers affected?
If, for example, you run an online store, even customer data, including bank data, can be exposed to ill-intentioned people.
Why is my website infected?
There are several possibilities:
- you downloaded and installed a hacked plugin that executes hidden codes
– the site was hacked. This happens because the website is not updated, and does not have a firewall installed
– an infected file from the personal computer was uploaded to the site
– the server you are hosting on was attacked by malicious persons. This is less common.
What types of viruses are there?
Below we will list some types of viruses that attack websites:
– Adware – displays intrusive advertisements
- Ransomware - encrypts all the content of the website, demanding a ransom in exchange
- Trojan - the hacker has access to the site at any time, without the administrator knowing
How long can the site be de-virused?
Depending on the complexity, the process can last from a few hours to a few days.